Monday, June 14, 2010

Simple Fun

Hello everyone!

This week is starting out nicely. This morning we went to our usual Monday morning "Ladies Chat Group" at my friend Amber's. She has the sweetest place right on the lake and big deck.  All of us Ladies (which range from 5-10 of us women) bring our children and while they play on the shoreline or deck, we get to sit around and drink tea with a light snack and chat. It's been great to connect with other women and really talk about nothing in particular or share about whats happening in our lives, all while making meaningful friendships.        




I am now home to catch up on housework from the weekend. I find Mondays are always busy because there tends to be more laundry, dishes, menu plans to make and lists to write. Before I tackle that, I wanted to share with you all a quick recipe that I have used time and time again. 

I find that my children love to help me in the kitchen and this is one they enjoy helping to mix up.  I find giving each child a job makes them feel special and it provides some learning moments too!  Better than that is the fun they have after with what they have helped to prepare!

Here is the recipe:




Play Dough

1 cup Flour
1/3 cup Salt
1 Tbsp Oil
2 tsp cream of tartar (spice aisle of grocery store)

Mix altogether in a bowl

Add 1 cup of water with food coloring of choice (added already)

Place mixture in Pot over low heat and stir with sturdy spoon until it forms a ball (comes away from the pot) and all the coloring is mixed in well, which requires some patience as it can take awhile.

Let cool and  let store in ziploc bags/container in the Fridge

Every now and then take out your bucket of cookie cutters, rolling pins, garlic press and expect your children to be entertained for awhile!




Children love homemade Play Dough and it keeps for a long time!








1 comment:

  1. hi there. This is Amy Campsall, we met on the ladies above rubies retreat when you were very much expecting I just happened to come across you on facebook and thought i'd check you out here. So nice to see such a beautiful family. I too had my baby since then. Another little boy Reuben. you can find us http://newfoundlandcampsalls.blogspot.com
    Blessings
    Amy

    ReplyDelete