Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A busy Nest....

Hello Everyone!
Life has been busy as usual at the "Nest" and we've all been adjusting to new routines, projects and back to school life. My days fly by and sleep is something i definitly have not had enough of!
We have a teething toddler who has been up frequently in the night, a big boy who is night potty training, and older children who enjoy chatting instead  of sleeping when it comes to bedtime. Needless to say, our nights are sometimes late and interupted. Life goes on in a busy home with many "littles" and we must persevere. I have been blessed to catch a few naps in the afternoons and am so happy that "Family Quiet Hour" has been a success thus far!



The children have started their programs again but this year we have decided to be more conscientious as to what we involve ourselves in. Last year I noticed we seemed to be running to different programs and were not home as much as I think we should have been. These programs were beneficial and provided great learning/social oppurtunities,  but as a family I realized  our time together was not as relaxing and often rushed. I sometimes had a playgroup in the morning, and then we would go the drop-in playcenter and by the time supper came, we had fussy children who were simply exhausted and ready for bed! This mama knows better this year , and are reaping the benefits already! All around the children are well rested, better behaved and we are not as stressed.
All in all its been a great September and I am excited as we move into the Fall season. I have been noticing the leaves are changing colors and even starting to fall. I love each season as it arrives and Fall happens to be one of my favorites!

Well, I am off to switch laundry but wanted to leave a quick update!
Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment