Monday, March 14, 2011

classes

Dear hubby and I have a Doula friend who is putting on Natural Childbirth classes and we've started her sessions the last few sundays. We have been really enjoying them, as it gives us the oppurtunity to meet with other like-minded couples, learn some great relaxation techniques and chat about our pregnancies, and upcoming births!  It also gives us that time to bond as husband and wife as we focus on our little one and plan out our birth goals.
One thing we practiced this week were birth positions on a birthing ball, while we leaned on our husbands or our husbands used tennis balls to massage our backs.  After practicing various options I couldn't believe how amazing the idea of a birthing ball really is! Having as many children as we have had, this is one thing I have not even tried during my labors.
That is about to change!




We are going out this week to buy one. It is truly functional and I can totally see myself relaxing on one of these and leaning on dear hubby during labor. Our instructor taught us various moves to use with the ball to help baby's descend into the birth canal and it totally makes sense. Can't wait for next week to see what else we're going to practice in our class....
I am also getting excited as our SweetPea's arrival is just around the corner! I still have so much to do to get ready. I started sorting through old bins of baby clothes and its amazing how tiny the outfits are.
I still need to make an appointment to get my belly cast done with a gift certificate I won at the Baby Show a few weeks back.




I've sewn up a few blankets for baby, so i just need to wash those to give them the extra fluff and have them ready for our SweetPea. I am really trying to savor this stage, as baby is very strong in movement and I can already detect SweetPea's sleeping/waking patterns. It's so amazing to watch as baby responds to voices already too.
I have been enjoying listening to this pregnancy relaxation cd and have ordered the birthing visualization cd as well. They both come from a company that I really like called "Earth Mama Angel Baby" .  Here is their Linky: http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/  I highly recommend their products for any woman who is expecting! They have wonderful teas, books, cds and natural organic skin care products for pregnancy and beyond, and they package their items so that it arrives in the mail so beautifully decorated!  I have ordered so many products from them over the years and I've never been dissappointed...

 I am so blessed to be carrying Life and every day I wake up in amazement and awe at this gift we've been given! It's truly a miracle and we are soo thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment