Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Homemaker

Hello !

Spring is here!...officially. Outside does not look like spring as it is currently snowing!!  I refuse to let that dampen my spirit  though, as I know pretty soon warmer weather is coming and soon all the lovely things about spring will be.
Today I've got alot of energy and feel so great as I woke up early and have been able to accomplish alot of the usual Monday chores. Monday is usually my day that I devote to getting the house back in order from the weekend and I tackle the "big" jobs.


I love the smell of a freshly scrubbed kitchen and shiny appliances bring me joy. I grew up with the smell of "Pine-Sol" as that is the one cleaner my mother and grandmother both used and I have fond memories of a clean house with that scent.  It's no surprise that I use the same now when scrubbing toilets, floors and walls. It just feels good to have a clean home at the start of a new week.



I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home and take pride in my role as wife, mother and Homemaker!  I enjoy managing our home and adding that special touch to everything that happens in our home. Even with the duties of the day I can bless my husband and children. 
I find these extra touches make a home feel cozy. I am a lover of candles and flowers, and these are easy pick-me-ups for any atmosphere. I have enjoyed classical music and now sometimes the children request it and its so relaxing in the background as we spend time together as a family.
Keeping our home organized, clean and fresh is something I continue to strive for and perfect and it is a fun journey!


Sometimes I get the usual "roll of the eyes" when asked what my proffession is and I happily say "Helpmeet, Mother and Homemaker". The response is usually negative and sarcastic. I have been called "old-fashioned" or "nuts" and I find it odd that a society of people could see that looking after my family with enthusiasm is dull , boring, and meaningless.  On the other hand I have encountered some wonderful ladies and other women who understand and have encouraged me in this high calling. To have an eternal perspective makes the difference between just going through the motions versus using the oppurtunity to invest in our families and especially our children to raise them up to impact their generation!

Well i hear the washing machine is finished its cycle so that means I'm up to go and fold baskets of clothes, and cloth diapers!  hope you are all having a Blessed Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment