Monday, April 9, 2012

children say....

Sometimes I wish I could have recorded down in a notebook all the cute and funny things my children have said! sadly I haven't...they are merely memories rather than documented quotes.

Since preparing and celebrating Easter this year we have been discussing with the children about sin, and our need for a Saviour.

This morning, as we were eating breakfast our 4 year old Elijah sat there in silence barely touching his oatmeal and I could see the wheels turning so to speak, he was clearly thinking. After a few minutes, he suddenly asks me "Mom...is baby Zionnah SINFUL?" I choked on my oatmeal and tried to stifle my laugh. I mean he was so genuinely concerned and really wondering...at what point do you go into great details or give a simple answer to avoid confusion? I chose the latter and tried to be as serious as he was being and said yes...we were all born sinners with a free choice. HE was satisfied with that and proceeded to eat his breakfast.


This afternoon as I was in the kitchen getting potatoes peeled for our turkey dinner 2 year old Hannah sits beside me on stool and chats away. HAnnah is very talkative and enjoys being with me in the kitchen and we have many interesting talks this way. Today she says "Mommy...your the most pwechus mommy in the howe woold" I kissed and hugged her and then she looks at me and says "I wuv yoo, and you awe the cookie and I am eatin yoo" in which my heart instantly melted. IF you knew Hannah you would understand that one of her most favorite things right now are cookies! any type of cookie she simply loves! Love how children think in simple terms and that is how they show their love.


Sweet isnt it?

No comments:

Post a Comment