Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Fun

So its Friday!!

Fridays have that extra special feel to them...I'm not exactly sure why but I find they just do. Friday is the day that I catch-up on any major housework that wasn't done during the week and I tackle the deep scrubbing so that our weekends are completely free from cleaning! Other than the usual loading of the dishwasher and a few laundry tasks, we do nothing else around the house and focus on being together as a family.

Fridays are also the day I do the big grocery shop for 2 reasons.
1) sale flyers start Friday mornings.
2) I can focus on my menu plans and have my fun meals for the weekend ready to roll with fresh ingredients and I dont have to wait till Sunday nights (like I did before) to think of menu planning for the week ahead.

I try to buy a special treat on Friday's for the weekend, nothing big, just something we don't usually have during the week.

Friday nights I do NOT cook. Ever. Sometimes that means we have a casserole prepared ahead or sometimes we order in. Tonight we have ordered Hawaiian Pizza for the children and Deluxe for the adults. The children are all growing (like kids do!) and we are at a point where we now order PARTY SIZED pizza just to fill them all up! You know you have a Large sized Family when the children's order alone is a Party Pizza! I like it too because there is usually some leftover's for Saturday lunch.



We like to stay up late Friday's and watch movies, or seasons of our favorite tv shows. The children really enjoy watching Little House on the Prairie's which we find sweet. Our oldest actually used some allowance and saved up just to buy the next season that we didn't have of LHOP.
Sometimes we watch Planet EArth episodes.



Another bonus about staying up late on a Friday night is that the children sleep in on Saturday! (ironic I'm writing this because it just so happens that tomorrow morning is the ONLY exception! but due to an event-!)

Tomorrow we have a fun conference we are attending put on by the Early Years Centre. The conference has over 15 different worshops/sessions with awesome hands-on learning oppurtunities that are interactive for both children and parents.  We enjoy taking part in it every year, as there are wonderful booths, displays, demos, draws, healthy snacks and great entertainment for the whole family. I will take some pictures and post soon! (check out http://www.letthelearningbegin.ca/  if any locals are interested and want to come out in the morning! )

Hope you all have a great weekend spending it with family and friends!

2 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to post a comment on your blog, I really enjoy it. As a mom to a bigger than average brood, it's nice to get ideas and tips from you! Hey if you ever feel like syndicating your blog we'd love to have you over in our community. Blogger posts import really easy into our backend.

    Cheers!

    Cara
    blog.canadianparents.com/ladybugmom/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cara!
    I appreciate the feedback...and I have just recently discovered your blog as well.

    soo..how do you "syndicate" a blog?! lol

    Nikiyah

    ReplyDelete