Monday, June 27, 2011

Mail!

Its Monday! and the SuN is shining...
our two littlest girls have been so patient with me today, as all morning I've been on the phone with business calls, it's one of those Monday's where I like to get all my stuff done so I can go on and enjoy the week. One of those calls was to the "Above Rubies" office and I was blessed to chat with Nancy Campbell (again!) and she told me our package was in the mail! I'm pretty excited as we've had a mail strike and now these should be coming soon.


These are the aprons that are on their way!
If you know our family, you will know that the girls of the house, well we all love pretty things and Aprons happens to be one of the "lovely" things we collect. It all started when our firstborn daughter was a toddler and I bought her her very first apron at a craft sale. She and I spent so much time together in the kitchen that her first apron had so many washings and was getting worn so we found her another one and here we are a decade later with more little girls in our family who have their own aprons too! Oh- and of course mommy didn't miss out on those craft sales and Etsy sales either..lol..I have some sweet aprons of my own too.

Anyhow, back to these gorgeous aprons in the mail. They are made from the lovely ladies and daughters from Above Rubies. I want to support this amazing ministry and what better way. Above Rubies has blessed my life and many of my friends lives not only through their website, but through their incredible magazine and awesome retreats. I have been so refreshed to attend one of their Mother's retreats and still have fond memories and spiritual moments from it.



Another website to find beautiful handmade things is Etsy. Now be careful, because it can be hard to get off that site! It's basically like Ebay but its pretty much ALL handmade. I have bought baby blankets, cloth diapers, pillowcase dresses, soft cloth playbooks, and cute baby toys off there. ~happy sigh*


 
Well that is all for today, I have some laundry to do, and then I need to pack our cooler to meet dear hubby on his lunch at the waterfront. Have a Blessed Monday!



2 comments:

  1. testing to see if these comments work, had a freind say she couldnt comment..here goes..lets see if this shows up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I didn't read the fine print saying 'comment' lol. Those aprons are adorable! I'm not exactly a girly girl, and my idea of an apron is a tea towel thrown over my shoulder to wipe my hands, but they SO cute! The girls will look wonderful. Can't wait to see the pics of them in them. In my house it's Bears & Hot Wheels that seem to survive from one child to another and in the case of our beloved 'Uncle Bear' has survived from Uncle Barry, to his nephew, my Kory, then Kory passed on to Kris. Cheers Luv! Terri

    ReplyDelete