Thursday, June 23, 2011

new book!

We went to Chapters and bought some new books. Chapters is a weakness for me, as I always find sooo much I want to buy and have to use self-control to narrow my choices down. I could spend so much money at that store!-just thankful we dont have one here in our city but have to travel out of town to visit one.

I found this book by an amazing Christian Lady author which many of you will know by the name of "Nancy Rue". I have bought a few books by her for our 10 year old daughter which she has really enjoyed. To my delight, I came across this one for mothers...


Nancy Rue has a way of using humour and I have been diving into this one at night. She has very practical applications and lots of wisdom. Here is an excerpt from the back of the book:

"this equips you as a mom with comprehensive, expert, and encouraging guidance for helping your daughter's cross the bridge between girlhood and the teenage years...every mom faces that time when her daughter is no longer a little girl but not yet a teen. She's a "tween", trying to figure out how to deal with her increasingly complex world.."

that pretty much sums it up well. We have such a sweet spirited daughter, but I do see some mood changes and other fun things in her that I would love to understand and this book seemed appropriate for such a time as this!

More from the book.....
You know you have a tween in the house when:

- one day she wants no part of your advice , and the next she's in your lap begging for help

- one hour she's playing dress-up with her little sister, and the next she has a sign on the door that reads NO SIBLINGS ALLOWED?

-one minute she wants to operate the stove or the ATV or the chain saw, and the next she's afraid to ask a waiter for a glass of water

-one second she's asking you to drop her at the corner so her friends wont see what you're wearing and the next she wants to borrow that cool necklace you just bought..?

These made me laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment