Friday, May 28, 2010

Clothing in a Large Family

If there is one thing about raising many children, clothing is definitly a big part of running things smoothly.  When we first had but a few children, we got by with just buying cheaper brands. By the end of the season, the cheaper brand clothes were quite often worn out, which was fine since active children=healthy children!
I started getting a bit frustrated that alot of the clothes were not worth keeping and that is when we started to just buy good quality items, even if they were a tad more pricey than we normally would spend.  At the time, there were a few nice baby boutiques (SuN Valley and The Family Tree) that I found some really sweet things.



 Since then I have never looked back, and though I still sometimes justify buying the cheaper low-quality brands for some things, the Bulk of the childrens wardrobes are of a good name. I enjoy the fact that the better quality clothing has saved us soo much money because we are always able to keep the clothing and hand it down to another child.  The stitches are strong, the clothing does not shrink, or fade and the buttons or embellishments usually stay on, even after laundering time and time again. That is my type of clothing-no fuss, no worries and they stay in great shape!






 There are some really cute peices at the childrens stores now that you can mix and match and they look great!
My favorite stores to buy the children clothes are: the Childrens Place, BabyGap,(love their SOCKS-they stay on!) GapKids, Please Mum, Old Navy (awesome deals here!) Bonnie Togs, Carters (online!) Roots. There is also a great place downtown called Junior World that has fantastic second hand clothing that we often purchase from too.







There are tons more great places but these are the main stores.  Also, Walmart has a great brand that I have had no problems with and it is the GEORGE collection.




I am wondering if there are any other great places that I have yet to discover and I am looking to you my readers for more tips if you have some!  I enjoy finding great sales and good deals.  Fill me in.....

2 comments:

  1. I usually shop at Target when I am in the states, I think you can order them online, also I shop at Franklin Goose online they have so many good quality items of all kinds from clothing, to cloth dipes, to furniture, to other needs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sudbury now has a Carter's/ Osk Kosh and is soon to get a Target.

    ReplyDelete