Sunday, May 30, 2010

They're HERE! "Homemaker's Best Friends"







So... the Delivery truck came and dropped off our new Laundry appliances. The children were jumping up and down, it was priceless!-they were more excited than us!
The appliances  were quickly set up with help from the "boys". Here's Isaac helping to set it up...




Isaac and Caleb love to do "man" stuff and this definitly topped their criteria list



Washer and Dryer Team



New Washer in use



New Dryer in use! (sorry its blurry)



Lovin' my new Gadgets! makes my life easier...
(LG HIGH Efficiency "Super Capacity" ULTRA Machines with SensorDry/Steam)


I really enjoy the fact that it is Super Capacity!  We purposed to get the bigger size drum because of the amount of loads that need to get done can now be reduced, which means more time for other things.
The children like it especially now that it's at their height (due to the pedastol feature) we paid extra for and can help me with more ease. We debated just "Stacking" them, but decided just to keep them on their own, but higher with the added pedastols/drawers. I'm glad we made the right decision. 

Now, all I have to do is get the proper "HE" detergent..any suggestions?? The first few loads i used ALLENS liquid laundry soap but I am wondering if anyone knows of other detergents I can use compatible with high-efficiency washers?

4 comments:

  1. With those machines you are required to use an HE detergent, using anything else will burn them out pretty quickly. Just a caution. I like Tide HE cold water or Sunlight HE cold water. You could also use Gain HE original Fresh, or Kirkland Signature Ultra 2x. For a green alternative you could use Seventh Generation Natural 2X The concentrate liquid detergent or Method Liquid Laundry detergent. I know for sure the Seventh Generation comes in HE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok!! thanks so much Krystal! Good to know..at least I have some idea which names to look for. That way im not scanning every single bottle on the shelf!
    Do you have an HE washer too? how do you like yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No but my mom does, and she LOVES hers and has never had a problem. I asked her which ones you can use, I can't give myself a reason to replace the perfectly good washer that came with our house, in a few years I will get a front loading washer though :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I wanted to give a side note, I have a HE top loading as well, so I use tide HE in mine

    ReplyDelete