Friday, May 7, 2010

My new find





Meal planning and ideas are constantly being changed around here in the Nest! With so many little people I really try to keep the menu plans filled with different and unique ideas. I am constantly checking out sites and recipe books for more options. Despite my efforts, I must say the ONLY meal that is pretty much the same is BREAKFAST.

I have tried to do different things in the past, but I have noticed our children seem to enjoy one thing and that is CEREAL. Yup, I'm talking about "boxed cereals" (gasp!) Now they do love the occasional treat of "Red River" cereal, but Boxed cereals definitly top the list. I try to keep it healthy in that they must have a healthier kind first, and then they can combine it with the "less healthy" type. I then balance it out with some fresh fruit and a big glass of rice or almond milk.

I was cruising the grocery aisles the other day and was so happy to come across a great find!! I was so excited, and I think my oldest was a tad embarrased and says "ok..mom...shhhhh"...lol! bless her heart!

I then proceeded to fill in to my children how this type brought back childhood memories and the fact that "Mommy used to live off of this stuff!! you gotta try it !" and put one box in the cart and then to top it off- grabbed another one and threw it in too...and away we went...back onto the task of shopping for our Mega-Size family.

Well, I can tell you that there was a new skip in my step and I was thrilled about my new find. I haven't seen them in years. The store just started carrying these and its so wholesome and good. It is the Simple things, as i've mentioned before that can make life fun! ha! Crazy mommy I am, getting excited over such little things.

ANyhow...since then i have been devouring these "MUFFETS" as if I'm redeeming lost time. (hehe) I have had them for breakfast, snack and bedtime snack. As for the children...well they liked them too, but not as much as I do!
all right...enough musings about cereal. im done.


No comments:

Post a Comment